Wednesday, September 15, 2010

(Un?)Necessary Rap Wednesdays

Kanye ft Pusha T - "Runaway"
from Sunday's MTV VMA's



Now, a few things.

First, the way Aziz Ansari reacted to the Taylor Swift thing is exactly how We reacted to it.


Second, one of the more interesting things behind this song (besides the whole, "Let's give a toast to the douchebags..." chorus, and the reason it was even written in the first place) is that he's straight up making a MOVIE for the video.

You hear that, America?

40.
Effing.
Minutes.

They previewed a clip of that video/movie before the VMAs and it looks absolutely ridiculous.

Third, check out what the man himself says about the movie/video/ Kanyexploitation:

"It's the story of a phoenix fallen to Earth, and I make her my girlfriend, and people discriminate against her and eventually she has to burn herself alive and go back to her world. I've been feeling the idea of the phoenix. It's been in my heart for a while."


.....Duh. That's clearly the angle We were thinking. Don't worry Kanye, We've been definitely "Feeling the Phoenix" too...whatever the hell that freaking means.

Actually...that DID get us thinking, America.
What Phoenix is 'Ye feelin?

  1. The University of Phoenix?

  2. The Order of the Phoenix?

  3. This Phoenix?

  4. That Phoenix?

  5. Straight up Phoenix?



Who knows, really.

All We know, America, is that:

A) Kanye needs a hug.
B) He makes great music regardless of how batsh*! he is and
C) He might have just dropped the biggest and best "Woe is me kinda/I'm Still going to make more Money than you ever will/but still this song is Catchy as Hell and an explanation of how you'll never explain my antics because you don't know who I am or where I come from" song since Naughty by Nature's "Everything's Gonna Be Alright".

...Except Kanye is deducted points, since he doesn't carry a Machete around.



I been a deadbeat, dead to the world and dead wrong
Since I was born that's my life, oh you don't know this song?
So don't say jack, and please don't say you understand
All that man to man talk just hot damn
If you ain't live you couldn't feel it, so kill it, skillet
And all that talk about it won't help it out, now will it?
And Illtown feel like I stuck-up props, got shot
Don't worry, I hit Bob, flurry, and his punk-ass dropped
But I'm the one who has been labeled as an outcast
They changin' schools, I'm the misfit that will outlast
But that's cool with the bull, smack 'em backwards
That's what you get for f$#%^n' with a ghetto bastard


Sounds about the same, yeah?

True Story.

No comments: